The popularity and the demand for body contouring procedures is increasing in the world, as this procedure has become more than just a temporary trend in the world of plastic surgery. It extends even further, as its impact goes beyond the aesthetic aspect to extend to the psychological and social impact on the lives of individuals. Body sculpting allows body reshaping for people who dream to achieve a perfect appearance and improve their self-confidence, so it is an attractive option for many individuals interested in improving their appearance.
What is body contouring?
Body contouring is either a surgical or non-surgical process that aims at modifying and improving the appearance of the body and defining its features more beautifully and harmoniously. This process is performed by the best plastic surgeon according to the needs and desires of the individual. Body sculpting techniques and procedures used also differ depending on the area of the body that needs to be modified, as these procedures can include removing accumulated fat, tightening the skin, reducing or enlarging desired parts, and improving the balance and symmetry of the body. Among the common body sculpting procedures, you can find surgical liposuction of fat.
Body contouring is a personal process that people perform to achieve beauty and self-confidence, and it also has positive psychological and social effects on the lives of individuals. However, individuals must decide for body sculpting according to a clear knowledge of the expectations and risks associated with the procedure. They should consult a qualified and specialized plastic surgeon, such as the best plastic surgeon in Alexandria, Dr. Yasser Badi to ensure the procedure is carried out safely and successfully according to the individual’s personal goals.
Liposuction vs Body contouring
Many people may think that liposuction is a body contouring process. Still, the best plastic surgeon, Dr. Yasser Badi said that however both surgeries are cosmetic surgeries that aim to improve the shape of the body. Still, liposuction includes removing accumulated fat by suctioning it from specific areas of the body. Special tools are used to help break down fat cells and suction them from the body to improve the figure and reduce the accumulated fat from different body areas such as the thighs, arms, abdomen, and buttocks.
Body contouring is a broader term that includes a variety of cosmetic procedures that aim to improve and modify the appearance of the body in general. These procedures may include liposuction, improving muscle definition, reducing or enlarging desired parts, and tightening the skin. These procedures are also performed using different techniques such as traditional plastic surgery and non-surgical techniques.
Candidates for Body contouring procedures
Dr. Yasser Badi confirms that the body reshaping procedure is not suitable for all people, and some people are more candidates for this procedure than others, these people are:
- People who suffer from sagging skin or fat accumulation in specific areas.
- Both men and women who want to improve the appearance of their bodies can benefit from body sculpting procedures.
- Anyone who feels dissatisfied with the appearance of a certain part of his body can consider undergoing a body sculpting procedure, but some basic criteria must be met.
- Patients must have a body mass index of less than 30 to be candidates for body contouring surgery.
- The patient must be suitable for fat injection, as the extracted fat is used as a filler in body reshaping operations.
- There must not be any medical condition that prevents the patient from undergoing body sculpting surgery.
The difference between body contouring for men and women
Many people believe that the body contouring process is intended for women only, but this is a completely wrong concept. The body sculpting process aims to obtain an ideal figure and treat defects that result from various reasons. This applies to men as well as women, as there is no fundamental difference in the details of the process itself between both genders, but there is a difference in the areas targeted for sculpting between men and women.
Body contouring for men
Often men tend to undergo body shaping surgery when they gain excess weight, which affects areas such as the abdomen, sides, chest, and neck, leading to reduced movement and activity, and causes health and appearance problems.
Many men also seek to improve their appearance through sculpting operations, which are considered in some cases essential treatment, such as gynecomastia treatment.
Body contouring for women
For women, sculpting operations target different areas such as the abdomen, chest, arms, sides, buttocks, etc. Stubborn fat is usually accumulated in these areas that are resistant to diet and exercise, however, body sculpting is the most effective way to get rid of it.
In general, there is no difference in the preparation and basic steps for the body sculpting procedure between both men and women. However, there is a difference in the areas where the procedure is performed, as a man’s body is completely different from a woman’s body in areas such as the breasts, buttocks, arms, and neck.
Body sculpting techniques
There are many methods used in body sculpting to modify the shape and appearance of the body and obtain an ideal and harmonious figure, such as:
Liposuction is a surgical procedure used to remove excess fat from specific areas of the body, such as the abdomen, buttocks, and thighs. Thin tubes are used to gently pull out the fat and improve its distribution.
Fat transfer relies on extracting fat from specific areas of the body and reinjecting it into other areas that need to improve their texture and shape. This technique can also be used to sculpt the chest, buttocks, face, etc.
Muscle sculpting is a unique technique that aims to highlight the muscles and improve their definition.
Techniques such as High-Intensity Focused Electromagnetic can also be used to strengthen and sculpt muscles non-surgically.
This procedure is used to tighten skin that may be sagging after weight loss or aging. Skin tightening techniques include laser treatments, radio frequency treatments, and infrared treatments.
Non-Surgical Sculpting Techniques
These include non-surgical procedures such as cryolipolysis and ultrasound to eliminate localized fat and improve body appearance.
It is worth noting that body sculpting methods require high skills and experience from the plastic surgeon or the beauty specialist, so a qualified doctor must be consulted to evaluate the condition and direct the patient to the appropriate option.
Advantages of undergoing body contouring surgery with the best plastic surgeon
- Our highly skilled and experienced body aesthetics doctors have the knowledge and training to perform procedures safely and effectively.
- Using advanced techniques and the expertise of the surgeon, body sculpting can achieve amazing results, as it can modify and improve the appearance of the body, achieve symmetry and optimal muscle tone, and improve fat distribution.
- Instead of trying to overcome body reshaping problems with exercise and diet, body sculpting with a plastic surgeon can provide satisfactory results faster and more effectively.
- If you have specific areas of the body that need modification, such as localized fat deposits or sagging skin, a specialized surgeon can provide the appropriate solution for your specific problems.
- Thanks to the results of the procedure and improved body appearance, your self-confidence and overall comfort can increase, and you may feel satisfied with your new body shape and enhance your self-image.
Book now online to get offers and discounts
Plastic surgery & body contouring specialist
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
Alexandria University Master of Plastic Surgery
Egyptian Fellowship for Plastic Surgery