Gynecomastia in men is something that may raise astonishment, as it reflects an unusual change in the male body. Although breasts are the main sign of femininity and motherhood, they are undesirable in men, and many may wonder about the reasons for this strange and confusing phenomenon. That’s what Dr. Yasser Badi, the best plastic surgeon, will explain to us in the following lines.
The most important information about gynecomastia in men
There is a lot of information that most men do not know about gynecomastia, which Dr. Yasser Badi explains below:
- Abnormally enlarged breasts in men characterize this condition.
- Male breast enlargement is a rare condition, however, it occurs more commonly than thought.
- The causes of Male breast enlargement are diverse, including hormonal changes, endocrine diseases, certain medication administration, and genetic factors.
- This condition may be accompanied by symptoms such as swollen breasts and tenderness or pain in the enlarged area.
- Male breast enlargement may affect self-confidence and self-image and may cause embarrassment and depression.
- This phenomenon can be treated with drug treatments and lifestyle changes, and in some cases, plastic surgery is the ideal solution.
- Plastic surgery to treat Male breast enlargement in men includes removing excess fat and glands and shaping the breasts to obtain a natural appearance.
A specialized plastic surgeon in this type of plastic surgery is important to evaluate the condition of Male breast enlargement and direct appropriate treatment, as Dr. Yasser Badi is one of the best doctors who perform gynecomastia surgery with the best-desired results.
Causes of gynecomastia in men
The best plastic surgeon, Dr. Yasser Badu explains the reasons that are considered the primary cause of breast enlargement in men, as follows:
- Increased estrogen levels or decreased male hormone levels can cause enlarged breasts in men.
- Genetic factors may play a role in the development of this condition. If a family member suffers from this condition, you may have a greater tendency to develop it.
- Some chemicals present in the environment can induce hormonal imbalance and cause the appearance of Male breast enlargement in men, such as pesticides and some chemicals used in the plastic industry.
- Some medications can cause Male breast enlargement in men as side effects, such as antifungal drugs, anticancer drugs, some blood pressure drugs, and some antibiotics.
- Overweight and obesity can induce the development of Male breast enlargement.
- Taking certain anabolic steroids and steroids can lead to increased estrogen levels and the appearance of this condition.
Factors that increase the risk of gynecomastia
Some potential risk factors increase the incidence of Male breast enlargement, which include the following:
Excessive alcohol abuse is a factor that increases the likelihood of enlarged breasts in men.
Kidney diseases and disorders
Some conditions associated with kidney disease may increase the risk of Male breast enlargement.
Having a tumor in the adrenal gland can be a contributing factor to an increased likelihood of Male breast enlargement.
This is a rare genetic condition that causes abnormalities in the lymphatic and endocrine systems and can increase the likelihood of this condition.
Some diseases that affect the liver, such as cirrhosis and hepatitis, may be associated with an increased risk of Male breast enlargement.
Abnormalities in thyroid function can lead to disturbances in hormonal balance and thus increase the possibility of Male breast enlargement.
Lumps in the testicles
Having an abnormal mass in the testicles can be a contributing factor to an increased risk of Male breast enlargement.
Dr. Yasser Badi, the best plastic surgeon in Alexandria, explains that the presence of one of these factors does not necessarily mean gynecomastia, but it increases the possibility of its occurrence. Therefore, a doctor must be consulted to evaluate the risk factors and take the necessary measures for prevention and treatment.
Types of gynecomastia in men
There are three main types of Male breast enlargement, which the best plastic surgeon Dr. Yasser Badi explains as follows:
This type is also characterized by an actual increase in glandular tissue in the breast, and the formation of nodules or small tumors in the breast that contain glandular cells. This type may cause breast swelling and tenderness or pain in the affected area.
This type is associated with an increase in fatty tissue in the breast causing an increase in breast size mainly due to the accumulation of fat, but lipomatosis is usually less sensitive and less painful compared to the previous type.
Mixed Male breast enlargement
In this type, there is an increase in the growth of glandular tissue and fatty tissue in the breast. This type is characterized by the presence of fatty accumulations and glandular nodules in the breast, which leads to an increase in the size of the breast and a distortion of its shape.
Researchers indicate that this type is the most common type of Male breast enlargement, as it is observed more often than glandular or adipose Male breast enlargement.
Advantages of undergoing gynecomastia surgery
Many advantages are associated with undergoing Male breast enlargement surgery, as the best plastic surgeon in Alexandria, Dr. Yasser Badi, explains which include the following:
- Breasts can be reduced, lifted, and shaped, that’s why this surgery is a popular option to improve the appearance of the breast and modify it.
- This procedure can help restore self-confidence and a sense of self-satisfaction for those suffering from psychological issues and lack of self-confidence as a result of their breast shape.
- The procedure can achieve the desired balance and enhance general physical symmetry for those with asymmetric breasts.
- This surgery can correct these deformities and achieve a beautiful, toned breast shape.
- This surgery provides permanent results. However, it should be noted that other factors such as aging and weight changes can affect the shape of the breast over time.
- Male breast enlargement surgery is performed under general anesthesia, which ensures patient comfort during the procedure. Many clinics and hospitals also offer post-operative care programs to help speed up the recovery process and achieve general comfort for the patient.
- Advanced surgical techniques are available to treat Male breast enlargement, which enhances the accuracy of the results and reduces wounds and the recovery period.
The difference between gynecomastia in men and fat accumulation
Some people cannot differentiate between gynecomastia in men and the accumulation of fat in the chest area, so the best plastic surgeon in Alexandria, Dr. Yasser Badi, explains these differences as follows:
- Gynecomastia usually occurs as a result of a hormonal imbalance, while fat accumulation occurs when the normal weight in the chest area is exceeded.
- A person with gynecomastia can feel pain when pressure is applied to the nipple area, while fat accumulation in the breast does not cause pain.
- Gynecomastia can appear in one breast or both breasts, while fat accumulation spreads throughout both breasts and is also observed in the abdominal area.
- In the case of true gynecomastia, there is an increase and disturbance in the growth of glandular tissue in the breast, while the size of the breast increases due to the accumulation of fat, not the glandular tissue.
- In terms of treatment, true gynecomastia can be treated by undergoing gynecomastia surgery, while the accumulation of fat can be eliminated by exercising or performing liposuction surgery in the area.
Book now online to get offers and discounts
Plastic surgery & body contouring specialist
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
Alexandria University Master of Plastic Surgery
Egyptian Fellowship for Plastic Surgery