When we talk about liposuction, we are talking about using modern technology and advanced techniques that contribute to turning the dream into reality. This operation is performed with great precision and requires highly skilled and experienced plastic surgeons to ensure the desired results are achieved. Whether you want to improve your body features in general or target a specific area, such as the abdomen, buttocks, or thighs, liposuction is the ideal solution to achieve your goals.
Liposuction, also known as lipoplasty, is a surgical procedure that aims to remove excess accumulated fat from specific areas of the body. Special tools are used to break up the fat layers into small pieces, these small particles are then suctioned using several techniques such as negative suction or isolated water suction.
This procedure allows you to get rid of annoying fats that do not respond to exercise or diet, thanks to advanced techniques that target fat cells and reduce their size and appearance.
It is worth noting that lipoplasty is not a weight loss tool, as it is usually used to improve body shape and reduce specific fatty accumulations. It is also important to follow a healthy diet and exercise regularly after the operation to maintain the results achieved. It is also important to consult the best plastic surgeon before the procedure to evaluate the individual case and discuss expectations and potential risks.
Cases that require Liposuction
Liposuction treats several conditions, and the best plastic surgeon in Alexandria, Dr. Yasser Badi, explains these cases as follows:
Gynecomastia in men
Fat accumulates abnormally in the breast area in men, causing an abnormal shape. Lipolysis is used to remove this accumulation and restore the natural breast appearance.
Fat accumulation in the neck
Fat accumulation occurs in the neck area for both women and men, so this procedure breaks down these fats to get rid of this accumulation and improve the appearance of the neck.
Lymphatic fluid accumulates under the skin, so this operation is used in some cases to treat or reduce this swelling.
Accumulation of fat in certain areas
Excessive accumulation of fat occurs in a specific area of the body in an unbalanced manner. Liposuction is used to better distribute fat and improve the body shape.
Restoring body shape after weight loss
Massive or fast weight loss might lead to sagging or dropping in the skin, leading to an asymmetrical and undesirable appearance of the body, so liposuction works to return the skin to its natural shape as much as possible after weight loss.
How are you prepared for this procedure?
Before undergoing body contouring, you should discuss your expectations with your surgeon and talk about the expected results after surgery. Your surgeon will also review your medical history and ask some questions about previous medical conditions that may be affecting you. So, it is necessary to inform your surgeon of any medications you are using, including prescribed medications, nutritional supplements, and herbs. In addition, Dr. Yasser Badi may recommend, at least a week before surgery, to stop taking some medications, such as blood-thinning medications or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. It may also be necessary to perform some laboratory tests before performing this procedure to verify your general health and make sure that there are no factors that may disturb the surgery.
Liposuction procedure steps
Below, Dr. Yasser Badi explains the steps for this procedure, which include:
- Local or epidural anesthesia is used to numb the targeted area.
- Making precise and small surgical incisions to insert the tools necessary for the operation.
- A device such as a vaser or a laser is used to break down the fat cells and turn them into a liquid.
- Special devices and a cannula must be used to withdraw liquid fat from the targeted area.
- Finally, the surgical incisions are closed with small cosmetic stitches to ensure healing.
You will notice gradual improvement In the treated areas after liposuction, as swelling decreases within a few weeks and the area appears less puffy. Over time, the appearance of the treated area is expected to improve and appear slimmer. In addition, the best plastic surgeon in Alexandria, Dr. Yasser Badi, confirms that skin elasticity decreases with Increasing age, but if a stable weight is maintained, the results of the liposuction process usually last for a long time. If you gain weight after surgery, a change may occur in the distribution of fat in your body. For example, fat in the abdominal area may increase significantly, regardless of which area was treated, so you must adhere to a healthy diet after the operation to avoid weight gain.
What factors can affect the results of liposuction?
The best plastic surgeon confirms that several factors can affect the results of liposuction, and these factors include:
- You must have realistic expectations about the results that will be achieved by lipolysis, as the procedure may not be able to achieve ideal slimness or correct all aesthetic problems of the body. You must also be prepared for results that may be noticeable but may not be 100% perfect.
- Weight gain affects the results of the fat removal process, so it is important to maintain a stable weight after surgery, since a significant weight gain after the operation may lead to the appearance of new fat accumulations in other areas of the body.
- Your skin condition can affect the results of the procedure, so if you have poor skin elasticity, you may experience sagging skin after fat removal, as correcting sagging skin may require additional surgical procedures such as skin tightening.
- The choice of surgical method and liposuction technique used can affect the final results, so a qualified and specialized surgeon should determine the appropriate method and technique for your case.
- Good postoperative care plays an important role in obtaining good results, so you must follow your surgeon’s instructions after surgery and avoid any activities that may negatively affect the wound healing and recovery process.
The difference between liposuction and body sculpting
Liposuction and body sculpting are two procedures related to improving the appearance of the body and modifying the distribution of fat. However, there are differences between them in the methods, goals, and techniques used. Liposuction aims to remove excess fat from specific areas of the body such as the abdomen, buttocks, thighs, arms, etc., and the suction technique is used to remove fat from the body using a tool called a cannula, through liposuction operations.
While body sculpting aims to modify the distribution of fat and sculpt specific areas to obtain a tight and harmonious body appearance, multiple body sculpting techniques are used, such as laser technology and VASER technology, where fat is suctioned from certain areas and transferred to other areas to give the body better balance and definition.
Book now online to get offers and discounts
Plastic surgery & body contouring specialist
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
Alexandria University Master of Plastic Surgery
Egyptian Fellowship for Plastic Surgery