Vaser and laser are on the list of the latest non-surgical cosmetic techniques used in liposuction of the body, as they share several similar advantages except for the unique advantages that each technique acquires separately, so there are many vague questions about the mechanism of use of each. Of laser and vaser in liposuction, Dr. Yasser Badi answers these questions.
The use of laser technology in liposuction of the body
Dr. Yasser Badi explained the difference between the VASER technique and the laser technique in liposuction of the body so that the patient can choose what suits him, and he explained that liposuction using laser technology depends on the heat generated from the frequencies of the rays that are emitted from the laser device and the temperature gradient can be controlled, as it is Shining these rays on the place where the liposuction is intended so that the heat converts the fat into a liquid form that is easy to be suctioned through a medical tube and disposed of outside the body.
Using the Vaser technique in liposuction
- Liposuction using the Vaser technique relies on sound waves that are directed at the place where the fat is to be melted so that the solid fat is converted into crumbled fat that is easily absorbed and expelled outside the body.
- Vaser is characterized by being more accurate and safer without harming the surrounding tissues, nerves, or blood vessels. Doctors usually prefer to use the Vaser technique in the abdomen and back.
The use of laser technology to re-inject the fat
Dr. Yasser Badi stated the need for cosmetic medicine to self-fat that comes from the human body to be used in injections again in certain places such as the buttocks, buttocks, and cheeks to obtain a full and attractive body, and in that case, liposuction is preferred using the technique of Vaser and not laser because the laser beams cause Damage and destruction of that fat and lose its validity for injection again.
Using the Vaser technique to re-inject the own fat
Dr. Yasser Badi advises patients wishing to inject their fat in one of the body sites to use the Vaser technique in melting and liposuction first, and he explained that Vaser is more accurate and pure fat without any impurities, so that the melted fat becomes suitable for injection again.
The difference between Vaser and laser in terms of skin elasticity
Dr. Yasser Badi explained the effectiveness of both Vaser and laser in tightening sagging skin, especially after liposuction of the body, and both of them stimulate the skin to secrete collagen and elastin, which are necessary for the vitality and elasticity of the skin.
However, Dr. Yasser Badi prefers to use the Vaser technique because it is more accurate and effective without damaging the surrounding tissues. Of course, this enhances the speed of recovery, as Vaser does not harm the surrounding tissues.
While the laser causes radiation to shine on the nerves, blood vessels, and surrounding tissues, and thus the amount of blood lost is greater, so the layers of the skin are affected and it takes time to recover and restore elasticity.
The difference between a Vaser and a laser in the length of the surgical incision
Dr. Yasser Badi explained the dependence of both VASER and LASER on the use of modern non-surgical methods in performing liposuction operations of the body, and this is done by making a surgical incision with a maximum length of 2 mm.
The scars or the effects of those surgical incisions depend on the accuracy and ingenuity of the plastic surgeon. Dr. Yasser Badi also explained the advantage of the laser technique in liposuction over the Vaser technique in that it requires a relatively smaller surgical incision.
The difference between a vaser and a laser in cost
The cost of both Vaser and laser in body liposuction agree that they are less expensive than surgical intervention for liposuction, but Vaser differs from a laser in that it is more expensive, as it may be estimated at one and a half times the cost of liposuction using laser technology.
Dr. Yasser Badi explained that in all cases, the process of determining the price depends on the amount of fat to be suctioned, the place to be liposuction from, and the type of fat, whether it is fat in the woman’s body or stubborn lymphatic fat in the man’s body, which is more difficult and requires high temperature and a longer time.
Is there a difference between laser and vaser in the number of sessions?
Dr. Yasser Badi emphasized that the Vaser device has a great advantage over the laser device in terms of the number of sessions because the Vaser can liposuction equivalent to 15 liters per session, in addition to laser liposuction, which cannot suction more than 8 liters of melted fat only per session. Therefore, the Vaser device is the least number of sessions of the laser device.
What are the similarities between the Vaser technique and the laser technique used for liposuction?
Dr. Yasser Badi explained the common points that distinguish both laser technology and Vaser technology from other traditional methods, and these advantages are summarized:
- A short recovery period, as it does not take more than a week at most, unlike liposuction using surgical or traditional methods.
- Small surgical incisions thus become easy and fast to heal.
- Both Vaser and laser support body sculpting consistently without protrusion or sagging.
- Not to damage the surrounding tissues or blood vessels.
- It does not require liposuction using laser technology or Vaser anesthesia. Local anesthesia may be sufficient to avoid the risks of total anesthesia.
Are the results of both Vaser and laser permanent?
Dr. Yasser Badi answered, explaining that both Vaser and laser are a permanent solution to get rid of the current body fat irreversibly, but it is not a guarantee of gaining excess weight and accumulating specific fats in the future, so it is necessary to be careful to follow a healthy, well-studied diet and exercise to burn fat and calories Excessive calories, otherwise the patient will be exposed to the accumulation of fat in the body again.
The most important tips after using laser or Vaser
Dr. Yasser Badi gave several golden tips, and they are:
- Follow a healthy diet rich in fiber, minerals, vitamins, and proteins.
- Dr. Yasser Badi warns against smoking throughout the recovery period, because smoking negatively affects the speed of healing of body tissues.
- Avoid strenuous or violent sports, carrying heavy objects, strenuous physical exertion, or walking a long distance.
- Wear a medical compression garment to avoid an accumulation of fluid under the skin.
- Periodic follow-up with Dr. Yasser Badi and listen to his advice at every stage of recovery and recovery until the patient gets the final results of the operation.
Book now online to get offers and discounts
Plastic surgery & body contouring specialist
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
Alexandria University Master of Plastic Surgery
Egyptian Fellowship for Plastic Surgery