The problem of the double chin has become one of the most important problems that many people suffer from, and unfortunately, it is not limited to people who have advanced in age only, but it affects adolescents and sometimes some children, and the double chin is considered embarrassing to many, especially if the skin is greatly sagging, unless The solution to this problem is very easy, and in this article, we provide you with an overview of double chin liposuction operations, in addition to some other information that will help you in dealing with this condition.
What does a double chin mean?
The double chin, which is sometimes called “log-log” in the colloquial Egyptian language, is the sagging of the area between the bottom of the chin and the neck and is filling with fat due to several factors, the most important of which are obesity and advanced age. It is connected to the neck, without any breaks appearing, as the sagging covers the bones in this area, such as the chin bones, the lower jaws, and the neck.
Causes for the appearance of a double chin
Many reasons lead to the occurrence and development of a double chin in many people, and the most important of these reasons are:
- Obesity: Obesity plays a major role in the appearance of a double chin, as fat accumulates in certain areas of the body.
- Aging: Of course, as a person ages, the skin begins to lose its elasticity due to the lack of collagen responsible for skin cohesion, and thus the skin in this area begins to sag.
- Heredity: Genes play a major role in the appearance of a double chin. If one of your parents or grandparents had a double chin, you will likely develop it at some point in your life.
Chin liposuction operations
1- Non-surgical double chin liposuction
- The best way to get rid of the double chin problem if the sagging is mild or even moderate is to perform non-surgical cosmetic techniques, such as double chin liposuction by Vaser or laser.
- These techniques are used under local anesthesia.
- The doctor makes very small incisions so as not to leave disturbing traces or scars, then a needle for the laser or vaser device is passed into the chin area, its task is to emit laser or ultrasound rays that dissolve and liquefy the fat, and thus facilitate its suction outside the body.
- At the same time, these waves stimulate the skin to produce collagen, which works to hold the skin together. Finally, the doctor bandages the wounds.
2- Double chin liposuction surgery
- The specialist doctor only determines the type of technique used for double chin liposuction according to the development of the condition, and in most cases, techniques such as laser or vaser are used, but in cases of severe sagging in the face, neck, and lower jaws, the ideal solution is surgery.
- During the surgery, unwanted fat is removed, as well as the overhanging skin, then the doctor tightens the skin and re-stitches it again. This process also gives impressive results and is ideal for cases whose owners have lost hope of getting rid of this problem.
- This operation is mostly done under the influence of general anesthesia, and it also requires staying overnight in the hospital for a night or two until the patient’s condition is stable and reassuring.
Other cosmetic procedures to treat a double chin
In addition to double chin liposuction, there are many other techniques used to treat this problem, the most famous of which are:
- Thermage technology: It is a device that is applied to the area to be tightened, as it emits radio waves that stimulate and release collagen, which makes the skin begin to cohesion and tighten itself again.
- Ulthera technology: It is a technology similar to Thermage, with only the difference in the type of outgoing waves.
- Chin lift with threads: medical threads suitable for the body are used to tighten a sagging chin and face, and the results last for many years.
- Mesotherapy injections: Substances injected into the area work to dissolve localized fat.
- Botox and filler injections: Filler fillers are injected into the chin area and lower jaws, thus tightening the chin.
Advantages of double chin liposuction
If you have some concerns about double chin liposuction, here are some advantages that will motivate you to decide to get rid of it:
- You will look much younger because the jawbones and chin will become more defined and prominent.
- Get rid of embarrassment and lack of self-confidence.
- Wear open clothes that you like, and you will no longer need to wear closed clothes with high collars.
- The recovery period after double chin liposuction is very short, and there is no need to take time off from work and disrupt your life.
- The operation is completely painless, and there are no complications or risks.
- The result is immediate and can be seen after the end of the process.
Are there alternatives to double chin liposuction?
Many are afraid of undergoing surgeries, either because of their complications or because of the pain they will be exposed to, but the techniques used in double chin liposuction are cosmetic procedures and are not surgical in most cases, except in the case of severe sagging and apparent sagging of the skin, when the resort is made. The double chin liposuction process through surgery, and by asking about the natural alternatives to the double chin liposuction process there are no natural methods other than some exercise for this area, in addition to following a diet for cases where the double chin appears very small, and you should know that Exercise and diet take a long time to show results.
Double chin liposuction cost
The cost of double chin liposuction cannot be determined easily, because each case is different from the other, and many factors play a major role in the greatly varying price of the operation, including:
- The place where the operation takes place, whether the state, clinic, or hospital, for example. The cost of the operation is very high in the Gulf countries, and low in Egypt.
- The technique used for the operation, is it surgical, or cosmetic only? Do you need more than one session to reach the final result?
- The skill of the doctor in charge of the operation. The more experienced and famous the doctor is, the higher the cost of the operation, of course.
- The number of areas to be tightened is the neck only, or the neck, face, and chin, as well as neck liposuction with jaw sculpting and others.
Are there complications for double chin liposuction?
Double chin liposuction, whether through surgery or cosmetic techniques, is considered one of the safe operations with low risks and complications, and if you adhere to the doctor’s instructions during the recovery period, you will not experience any complications except for some symptoms that appear naturally in all operations, such as:
- The appearance of bruises ranges in color between red and blue.
- Mild swelling in the area.
- Feeling numbness and tingling.
- Minor pains during movement are eliminated with analgesics.
Here we have shown you all the information related to double chin liposuction, which is provided to you by Dr. Yasser Badi’s clinic, the best plastic doctor in Egypt, and to obtain advice or any inquiries, do not hesitate to contact us immediately.
Book now online to get offers and discounts
Plastic surgery & body contouring specialist
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
Alexandria University Master of Plastic Surgery
Egyptian Fellowship for Plastic Surgery