No one does not want to have healthy, fresh, and plump skin at the same time, free from wrinkles and annoying skin problems. Having fine lines, full of vitality and youth is everyone’s dream, so through the process of Facial fat transfer, that dream has become easy to achieve.
Despite the many medical options for treating all skin problems, the facial fat transfer process has become safer and more effective than all other cosmetic methods, so through this article, we will highlight the facial fat transfer process as well as the candidates for this procedure and the most important advantages of this process and many more From other information that Dr. Yasser Badi explains to us.
The facial fat transfer process
Facial fat transfer is one of the most popular autologous fat injection procedures in general, as the aim of this procedure is to transfer the accumulated fat in some areas such as the abdomen or thighs, in an appropriate amount, to other areas that need this fat, such as the face or legs, to treat some problems or obtaining the appropriate and satisfactory appearance for the patient.
It is worth noting that an appropriate amount of fat must be available in the donor areas to be suctioned and then injected into the targeted areas that do not contain sufficient fatty tissue, as the lack of fatty tissue in these areas causes the patient discomfort and thus may cause a lack of confidence.
The facial fat transfer takes an average of 60 minutes at most, and it is done under local anesthesia, in addition to that, fat is often injected into the area of the upper lips as well as the cheekbones, and some redness may occur after the injection, but Dr. Yasser Badi confirms that it quickly starts to disappear within days.
Candidates for facial fat transfer
Some may think that due to the ease of the facial fat transfer process, anyone can perform such an operation, but Dr. Yasser Badi explains that some people can perform this operation and get the best results without any problems or complications, and some people do not recommend such a procedure. This process is for them to avoid any risks.
As for the people who are candidates for facial fat transfer, they are people who enjoy good health and have realistic expectations about the process, and want to have a naturally full and attractive face. They also want to hide the simple lines around each of the eyes or lips that indicate age.
Moreover, if people suffer from health problems or face allergic reactions to anesthetics, then it is not recommended to perform a facial fat transfer procedure for them, as well as people who suffer from blood thinners or take medications that work to thin the blood and reduce clotting rates, so Dr. Yasser Badi recommends that the patient inform the doctor of all the medications he is taking, as well as his medical history, before undergoing the injection.
Features of Facial fat transfer
Facial fat transfer has many advantages that made this procedure very popular, unlike other recently used techniques, as the most important of these advantages are explained by Dr. Yasser Badi as follows:
- Treating a lot of simple and medium wrinkle problems.
- Treatment of all traces of scars and pimples that appear on the face.
- The overall cost of Facial fat transfer is reasonable compared to other techniques.
- The injection process does not require total anesthesia.
- The lack of potential complications, as well as the lack of cases of allergic reactions to the injected materials.
- Achieving the goal of patients who want to have a fuller face.
- An increase in the size of the cheekbones.
- Getting rid of dark circles.
- Filling empty cavities in the face.
- Correct a flat front.
Areas of the body suitable for fat injection
There are many areas in which fat injection can be performed, as these areas do not contain sufficient fatty tissue, which makes the patient resort to fat injection operations to obtain the appropriate appearance for him, and the facial fat transfer depends on the patient’s condition and requirements, however, the most common areas that patients usually want to be injected are:
- Breast area
- Neck area.
- Facial area.
- The area of the legs or what is called the shank.
- Chin area.
- The area around the eyes.
Pre-Facial fat transfer preparations
Before undergoing a facial fat transfer experience, it is necessary to first find an experienced doctor with a high degree of experience and competence to perform such surgery, as choosing a doctor is very important for the success of the operation as well as obtaining the best results, and you must also stop smoking completely and for about 6 months before and after the injection.
In addition, it is necessary to avoid taking some medications such as aspirin as well as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. Dr. Yasser Badi advises the need to stop taking vitamins that can lead to blood thinning and thus cause some complications during the injection process and after the operation as well.
How is facial fat transfer done?
Facial fat transfer is one of the easy procedures, as Dr. Yasser Badi confirms that this process takes place through several basic steps, but it requires focus, skill, and great experience, and these steps are:
- The doctor anesthetizes the patient with a local anesthetic, in the areas where the injection takes place.
- A small and very accurate surgical incision is made, through which the appropriate amount of fat is suctioned from the area where fat is accumulated.
- Dr. Yasser Badi uses some liposuction techniques for the liposuction process.
- The aspirated fat is well purified to ensure that it is free of any impurities mixed with it, and it is broken down into smaller particles to facilitate the injection process.
- Through some injection needles, the doctor injects the fat into the targeted areas of the face.
Tips after Facial fat transfer
To achieve the best-desired results after the facial fat transfer procedure, Dr. Yasser Badi tells us some important advice to maintain the result of the injection as well as avoid some possible side effects, the most important of which are:
- Avoid doing some difficult manual work after the operation.
- Avoid vigorous exercise for 6 weeks after fat injection.
- Use cold compresses or ice packs on the injection site to reduce swelling.
- Eat healthy and balanced foods.
- Commitment to take anti-inflammatory medications prescribed by the doctor.
- Avoid exposing the face to hot water and hot places for at least a week or ten days after the injection.
- Maintaining body weight without any significant increase, as well as significant weight loss.
- Sleeping on the back and raising the head up after the injection for 48 hours.
Some complications of Rhinoplasty
There are some possible complications when performing the procedure, but these complications are reduced once the appropriate doctor is chosen, and among these complications are the following:
- Constant numbness and tingling in the nose.
- breathing problems.
- Nose bleeding.
- Scars and permanent effects on the face.
Dr. Yasir Badi explains that if you are not satisfied with the results of Rhinoplasty, then it is possible to wait at least a year before performing Rhinoplasty again.
Book now online to get offers and discounts
Plastic surgery & body contouring specialist
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
Alexandria University Master of Plastic Surgery
Egyptian Fellowship for Plastic Surgery