The problem of gynecomastia in men is one of the problems that cause inconvenience to some men, and studies have shown that this problem is widespread in men, especially among adolescents, which causes them embarrassment and anxiety and pushes them to search for the best doctor for Gynecomastia treatment. However, some elderly men may also suffer from this problem.
Symptoms of gynecomastia in men
Several symptoms indicate that a person suffers from gynecomastia.
Dr. Yasser Badi, one of the plastic surgery experts, mentions the common symptoms of gynecomastia in men, which are as follows:
- An enlargement in the breast area or one of them.
- We notice a similarity between it and the female breast.
- The presence of an enlargement of the tissues behind the nipples of the breast, and this enlargement is constant and small.
- The person may feel pain when touching that area sometimes.
Causes of gynecomastia in men
Gynecomastia is somewhat similar to a benign tumor, but it is not a cancerous tumor. Therefore, Dr. Yasser Badi says that treating the problem of gynecomastia for men requires knowing the causes of its occurrence, which lie in the following reasons:
- Puberty: Gynecomastia occurs during puberty as a result of a hormonal imbalance resulting from the rise of female hormones (estrogens) compared to male hormones (androgens). Male hormones are supposed to be higher than female hormones at the age of 15, and with it, the breasts begin to shrink.
- Aging: this is accompanied by an increase in weight leading to the appearance of gynecomastia.
- Medicines: There are some medicines and drugs that contain hormones.
- Drinking alcohol.
Dr. Yasser Badi says that not all cases require Gynecomastia treatment, but if it is observed that the breast continues to grow, this requires more accuracy in evaluation and conducting the necessary examinations and x-rays to determine the underlying cause of gynecomastia and then choosing the appropriate method of treatment.
In some cases, the doctor asks the patient to perform several examinations inside the breast clinic to perform examinations for the detection of breast cancer. These tests are as follows:
- Some blood selections.
- X-ray of the breast.
- Computed tomography examination.
- MRI examination.
- Taking a sample (FNA) with a fine needle to be examined under a microscope.
The examination is carried out carefully to ensure that the case is a normal and not pathological presentation. What distinguishes the pathological condition is the presence of hypertrophy with a fresh, soft mass with its continuous increase in inflation.
Vaser for Gynecomastia treatment
One of the methods used in Gynecomastia treatment is the Vaser technique, and about that technique, Dr. Yasser Badi says that it is done through the issuance of sound rays that cause vibrations that break the partial bonds of the fats in that area to turn those agglomerations into liquid fats that the lymphatic system in the human body gets rid of them easily.
However, this method does not remove the ransom tissue in the breast, which prompts the doctor to perform a simple surgery to remove it, after which the shape of the breast changes significantly, and usually, the gynecomastia does not return, but if you follow the doctor’s instructions, as for the scars after the operation, it takes 6 months to disappear.
Cold sculpting technique for Gynecomastia treatment
Dr. Yasser Badi went on to talk about Gynecomastia treatment techniques and mentioned the cold sculpting technique. He said about this technique that it is similar to the Vaser technique, as the fat cells in that area are frozen through cooling energy and then disposed of.
Dr. Yasser Badi said that several conditions must be met in the case of gynecomastia to perform the cold sculpting process, and these conditions are:
- The size of the breast should not be too large.
- That the inflation is a result of the accumulation of fat and not glandular tissue.
- It should not be caused by obesity.
- Not being able to remove it surgically.
Preliminary results appear immediately after the operation, while final results do not appear until after 4 months.
Pneumatic sculpting for Gynecomastia treatment
Another method that is not much different from the cold sculpting technique mentioned by Dr. Yasser Badi is the pneumatic sculpting technique for Gynecomastia treatment, and it takes place in only one session, during which 75% of the volume of existing fat is removed, and the patient needs only one day, then he recovers and resumes his normal life.
Surgical treatment of gynecomastia
In some cases, doctors may resort to gynecomastia treatment by surgical methods, especially if other methods fail to treat the matter, but Dr. Yasser warns that it is necessary to find out the reasons behind the problem of gynecomastia to know the suitability of surgical methods to get rid of this problem.
The doctor performing the Gynecomastia treatment by surgical methods does the following:
- General anesthesia for the patient.
- Make several small incisions in specific places of the breast.
- Removing fat from that area.
- The doctor may need to remove several tissues in some cases.
- Closing the incisions and applying bandages.
- The patient is placed under observation to ensure that his condition is stable.
Natural ways for Gynecomastia treatment
Regarding the questions that arise about the possibility of Gynecomastia treatment by natural methods, Dr. Yasser Badi says that Gynecomastia treatment is not done by natural methods except within narrow limits, which is if this gynecomastia is slight and results from obesity and weight gain, then it can be eliminated by following diets and exercising.
Otherwise, it must be surgically eliminated to obtain final results and solutions to the problem. As for the common treatment of Gynecomastia using herbs or recipes, it is useless, especially if gynecomastia is a result of a hormonal imbalance.
Instructions to be followed after Gynecomastia treatment with surgery
Dr. Yasser Badi mentions several tips that must be followed after Gynecomastia treatment by surgical methods, and these tips are:
- Sterilization and cleaning of the wound site.
- Wearing a corset.
- Not to do hard work or excessive physical exertion.
- When feeling tired, you should go to rest immediately.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat healthy foods.
- Refer to the doctor in case of complications, fever, or swelling.
The best places that treat gynecomastia
For those looking for the best doctors for Gynecomastia treatment, we explain to you Dr. Yasser Badi, one of the best doctors for plastic surgery and body sculpting in Egypt and the Middle East. Dr. Yasser Badi has performed several successful operations in Gynecomastia treatment.
Dr. Yasser Badi’s center and clinics are a complete medical edifice that contains the latest technologies and medical devices and works to provide superior medical care through excellent nursing staff.
Gynecomastia treatment cost
Regarding the prices of Gynecomastia treatment, Dr. Yasser Badi says that these prices vary due to several factors, including:
- The status and degree of gynecomastia.
- The type of operation that suits the case.
- Fee for the operating physician and ancillary staff.
- The account of the hospital where the surgery takes place.
However, the prices of these operations in Egypt range from 20,000 to 25,000 Egyptian pounds.
The problem of gynecomastia is one of the problems that bothersome men and affect their normal lives because it is related to personal appearance, which makes them refrain from practicing some activities or wearing clothes that show this problem, and Gynecomastia treatment has become one of the things that are treated and dealt with easily in many countries.
Book now online to get offers and discounts
Plastic surgery & body contouring specialist
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
Alexandria University Master of Plastic Surgery
Egyptian Fellowship for Plastic Surgery