Skin tightening is one of the things that many men and women desire most, but it needs a lot of time and effort if you follow exercises and diets, so in the end, it comes to body sculpting operations and tightening sagging to reach the desired shape and texture, as these operations are considered one of the most important methods that contribute to obtaining guaranteed and satisfactory results for the owner of the process.
What is meant by body sagging?
Sagging is defined as a group of long and narrow lines that appear on the skin in different parts of the body. These lines usually occur when the skin is pulled suddenly, which results in fibrosis of the body’s elastic fibers under the skin.
Causes of sagging body
The skin is the largest organ inside the human body, as it plays a major role in protecting the body from viruses, but many factors lead to its sagging, most notably:
- Genetic factors, where genes in turn affect the response of the skin, whether to gain or lose weight.
- Rapid weight loss of more than 46 kilograms.
- Smoking, as it affects the production of collagen within the human body, which leads to increased chances of sagging skin.
- Continuous exposure to the sun leads to a decline in the production of collagen and elastin.
Skin tightening process
The skin tightening process is one of the famous operations that most people resort to when losing weight, and it is considered one of the operations with guaranteed results, especially if the weight is maintained afterward, and the success of this process and obtaining good results is related to the body mass index, as the problems that result from it increase The operation with an increase in the patient’s body mass index before the operation, and among the most common areas in which sagging can be performed are:
- Neck area.
- Buttocks area.
- Arms area.
Candidates for skin tightening
The process of tightening sagging in the body is considered one of the most special operations, as it depends on the patient and his decision alone, that is, the reason behind his decision should not be the opinions of others, and in general there are some specifications and conditions that must be met by the patient to become a suitable candidate for the operation, which are as follows:
- Have good health and a stable weight.
- The desire to obtain realistic goals from the process.
- Not smoking is one of the basic conditions that greatly affect the success of the operation.
- The desire to have a lean and attractive figure.
Before performing the skin tightening procedure
Some tips must be followed by the patient before the operation, and these tips are the following points:
- The patient must be accompanied by a member of his family during the skin tightening procedure.
- You must stop eating and drinking before the operation. It is also advised to stop taking some medications that the doctor determines, such as ibuprofen, aspirin, and other drugs that increase blood flow.
- It is required to completely refrain from smoking three or six weeks before the operation, as smoking leads to a decrease in the flow of blood and oxygen, and it also works to increase blood clotting and delay wound healing.
How to perform skin tightening?
The skin tightening procedure is performed as follows:
- In the beginning, the doctor puts the patient under complete anesthesia so that he does not feel any pain during the procedure.
- After that, the doctor makes a horizontal or vertical surgical incision in the area where the patient wants to get rid of the sagging.
- The doctor removes the excess part of the skin and attaches the two layers of skin through surgical sutures.
- Then, small tubes are placed under the skin to prevent fluid from collecting under the skin.
- This process takes 3-5 hours, depending on the amount of skin and fat present.
Techniques used in skin tightening
Many techniques are used to eliminate sagging skin, and the most prominent of these techniques are:
Laser is one of the most important techniques used in cosmetic operations, and it is used to tighten sagging through the ultrasound waves emitted by the laser device, which helps to tighten the skin. This technique is used to tighten sagging in the thighs, arms, and other areas.
The patient can get rid of the fat accumulated in the body and the sagging skin together through the Vaser technology, which helps to dissolve the fat and tighten the skin through ultrasound, which converts the fat into liquids that are easily withdrawn from the body.
skin tightening with G-Plasma
The G-Plasma technology is one of the most famous technologies that exist today, as the G-Plasma device works to remove sagging from any area of the body without pain or surgery and during only one session with a final result, and this device works through a needle inserted under the skin, after which the device begins to emit Sound waves penetrate the skin from the inside, which helps it appear better from the outside.
Recovery from skin tightening
The duration of the recovery phase depends on the amount of excess skin that has been removed. If sagging is removed from the upper arm or chest area, it is possible to return to normal life within one week, but if the operation was in the lower part of the body, this requires the patient to stay for some time. In the hospital, and he will need about 6 months to be able to exercise again.
Skin tightening cost
The skin tightening process is considered one of the cosmetic operations that are performed voluntarily according to the patient’s desire, so it is not included in the health insurance, that is, all its expenses are paid at the patient’s expense, and the cost of the operation in Egypt starts from 10 thousand Egyptian pounds, but the price varies based on the region From which the sagging will be tightened, and in general the cost of the operation also depends on several factors, the most important of which are:
- The type of technique that will be used in the procedure.
- The number of sessions that the patient needs to get rid of sagging skin.
- The number of target areas.
Best doctor for skin tightening
When searching for the best doctor to perform a skin tightening procedure, Dr. Yasser Badi comes to the fore.
He is one of the best plastic surgeons in Egypt and the Middle East. He holds a master’s degree in plastic surgery and an Egyptian fellowship. He has performed many successful liposuction procedures in addition to breast plastic surgery.
Dr. Yasser used the latest technologies in performing operations, which made him possess a large number of successful experiences and became at the top of the list of the best plastic surgeons in Egypt.
Dr. Yasser’s clinics are considered a large and integrated medical edifice that provides all cosmetic medical services to patients.
Skin tightening practical experiences with Dr. Yasser Badi
Basma tells of her experience with the skin tightening process, saying: “I weighed 100 kilograms, so I did the intermittent fasting diet so that I could lose some weight, and indeed the result was satisfactory, as I was able through it to lose about 40 kilograms of my weight in just one year, But I did not feel happy with my weight loss, because I faced a bigger problem, which is the appearance of my body after the diet, as sagging appeared in various parts of my body and I could not get rid of it by any means, so I decided to perform a sagging surgery with Dr. Yasser Badi, and after I had the operation, I got wonderful results and became I have the toned body I aspired to.
Book now online to get offers and discounts
Plastic surgery & body contouring specialist
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
Alexandria University Master of Plastic Surgery
Egyptian Fellowship for Plastic Surgery