The arm lift is one of the cosmetic procedures that are performed in the event of sagging arms and the failure of all other therapeutic and natural attempts, as these sagging are surgically removed, in addition to that the arm lift can be done alone or with the option of liposuction in the arms to enhance the final results of the operation.
What is an arm lift?
The operation depends on tightening the sagging arms, starting from the armpit area to the elbow, as well as suctioning the fat accumulated in the upper part of the arm, tightening and softening the tissues in that area, and attractively highlighting the muscles, as the skin in that area is then flabby and not taut for several reasons. Dr. Yasser Badi will explain it in the next paragraph.
Reasons for Sagging arms
Sagging arms is one of the most annoying things for women, which makes them resort to an arm lift, and many reasons lead to the appearance of sagging, and these reasons are:
- Decrease in the percentage of collagen and elastin in the skin due to advancing age, then the skin is more likely to sag and lose its elasticity.
- The presence of some hormonal changes in the body, such as an increase in the level of estrogen in women, affects the shape of the body in general.
- Muscle weakness in the arms area occurs as a result of lack of exercise.
- Lack of vitamins and minerals in the body due to not eating each of the fruits and vegetables in sufficient quantities.
- Sudden weight loss over a short period also leads to sagging skin.
- Not drinking water regularly during the day, leads to dry skin and loss of moisture necessary to maintain skin elasticity and not sagging.
Candidates for an arm lift
There is a set of characteristics and factors based on which people are known to be eligible for the operation, as Dr. Yasser Badi explains these factors, which are:
- An increase in the percentage of fat in the arm makes the skin around it flabby in an annoying way.
- If the patient has had liposuction, he is probably a good candidate for this process.
- The patient must be an adult who does not suffer from any serious diseases that may affect his ability to recover from the operation or expose him to danger during the operation.
- The patient should not have any skin diseases that may expose him to the risk of internal infection, such as eczema and psoriasis.
- To suffer from sagging and relaxation in the lower part of the arm, and increased skin elasticity and stretching.
- Sagging skin is associated with significant weight loss.
Preparations before arm lift
Dr. Yasser Badi makes sure of several things before operating, as he discusses with the patient in the pre-operative consultation:
- Not having diseases that prevent the operation.
- Fasting for 8 hours before the operation.
- Consult with the doctor about the reasons for the operation.
- Carrying out the necessary tests and analyses, such as a complete blood picture and coagulation functions.
- The doctor determines the areas that can be liposuction and skin tightening.
Steps to perform an arm lift
The operation is considered one of the simple cosmetic operations that does not take much time, as it takes about two hours, and in which the following is done:
- The doctor first sterilizes the shoulders and arms.
- He makes some small surgical incisions in the inner arm area or on the back of the arms.
- Excess fat and tissue are removed, thus tightening the skin.
- In the last step, the doctor closes the surgical incisions with special sutures and absorbable sutures.
- Before leaving the operating room, elastic bandages are placed on these incisions to restore the skin to its natural shape, and they can be removed after two weeks.
Arm lift results
After performing the arm lift and leaving the operating room, Dr. Yasser Badi explains:
- The next day after the operation, the bandages and catheters are removed.
- The patient can take painkillers when feeling pain.
- The patient can leave the hospital several hours after the operation.
- If some symptoms appear, such as high fever, shortness of breath, or bleeding, you should go to the doctor immediately.
- There are some cases where some bloating and swelling may occur after the operation, but it goes away within two weeks.
Laser arm lift
The laser technology in the process depends on shining the laser on some of the specific layers of the skin to tighten and strengthen the connective tissue. It is worth noting that in a few cases, this technique succeeds, which makes it cannot be applied alone to treat and treat severe sagging arms.
Arm lift methods
All plastic surgeons, headed by Dr. Yasser Badi, agree that the main goal of operating is to tighten the sagging arms and get rid of the fat accumulated in this area as well as tighten sagging skin, so there are several different ways through which a sagging arms surgery can be performed, where Dr. Yasser Badi does the appropriate method of the patient’s condition in the following ways:
Features of arm lift features
There are a lot of techniques that have spread recently for sagging arms, but there are many advantages that made most plastic doctors, including Dr. Yasser Badi, prefer the sagging arms surgery procedure, and these advantages are:
- The ideal solution to treat sagging arms and tighten the skin.
- After this process, immediate results appear directly.
- When you adhere to the doctor’s instructions, you can get long-term results.
- Be more visible, especially after the swelling and inflammation subside.
Risks expected after an arm lift
Although there are many advantages to the procedure, there are some disadvantages and complications that may occur when performing this procedure, as this is due to the extent of the experience and skill of the treating doctor, the patient’s condition itself, and the extent of his qualification for the sagging arms surgery procedure, all of which affect the extent of the following complications and risks. :
- Asymmetry of the arms completely.
- The appearance of some visible scars affects the shape of the skin.
- Some bruising, swelling, and redness.
- In rare cases, it may affect the sensory nerves, leading to a loss of sensation in the area.
- Possibility of infection in the surgical incision.
Arm lift cost
Many people search for arm lift cost, but of course, we can’t give an explicit cost for this operation, because the final sagging arms surgery cost is due to the:
- Medical examinations and analyses.
- The cost of anesthesia.
- Medicines and medical supplies during and after the operation.
- The cost of the surgeon depends on the degree of his experience and skill.
- The medical dressings that you will wear after the operation.
- The cost of hospital and operating room equipment.
Nowadays, plastic surgeries have become necessary, and cosmetic surgeries are performed for both men and women, as a harmonious body shape is very important for men and women in social life, and diet and exercise programs are not enough for an active life, so men now prefer plastic surgeries to mitigate these problems.
Book now online to get offers and discounts
Plastic surgery & body contouring specialist
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
Alexandria University Master of Plastic Surgery
Egyptian Fellowship for Plastic Surgery