Many advantages and good results result from liposuction, which raises many questions about these procedures, especially liposuction from the abdomen, but the most important and frequently asked question by obese patients is when will the results of belly liposuction appear? The patient is looking for a date to reap the fruits of this process, which is to get rid of that fat and get a consistent body.
Types of Liposuctions
Dr. Yasser Badi says there are many types of belly liposuction, but there are three types of them that are the most famous, namely:
Results of belly liposuction in the traditional method
Dr. Yasser Badi says that the results of belly liposuction in the traditional way appear in two stages. The first is called the preliminary results and appears immediately after the operation, but in a slight way.
The second is called the final results and appears after the procedure, with the patient following some special instructions such as exercising, following a healthy diet, and wearing an abdominal corset.
Laser belly liposuction
Belly liposuction using a laser is a more advanced method than the traditional method. In this method, fat is broken down by thermal rays emitted from the laser device. Dr. Yasser Badi says that the results of belly liposuction using a laser are visible immediately after the operation, and after several weeks, the final results appear.
What distinguishes this method from the traditional method of belly liposuction is that the tumors and bruises after the operation are less than in the traditional method, so the amount of fluids quickly decreases, the tissue heals, and the size of swelling decreases with a commitment to wearing a corset and following a healthy diet.
Results of Vaser belly liposuction
From the point of view of Dr. Yasser Badi, the VASER technique is the most recent in the field of belly liposuction, as several other more modern techniques have emerged from it, including tightening the body, sculpting it, and drawing its curves.
These terms abbreviate the process of suction and sculpting together in one term.
Regarding the results of this operation, Dr. Yasser says that it is the fastest of all, provided that the instructions are followed, as the results appear in less than two months.
Liposuction and tummy tuck
In the case of simple sagging, the liposuction process using Vaser performs the task of tightening the skin. In cases of severe sagging, abdominoplasty is performed with liposuction. After completing the procedure, the results begin to appear significantly, and in a period not exceeding one month, the final results appear.
Factors on which belly liposuction results depend
The emergence of results after belly liposuction depends on several factors that Dr. Yasser Badi summarizes as follows:
- The extent of the patient’s commitment to following the special instructions after the operation and wearing an abdominal corset is the most prominent and important.
- The ability to recover varies from one patient to another, which results in a difference in the time required for recovery and the final results.
- The difference in the degree of skin elasticity.
- One of the most important factors affecting the recovery period is avoiding unhealthy habits such as smoking.
Some tips to maintain liposuction results
Dr. Yasser Badi mentioned that belly liposuction, like any surgical procedure, must follow some special instructions to preserve the results of this procedure, and the most important of these instructions are:
- It is necessary to commit to wearing a corset and compression garments for a period specified by the doctor.
- You should avoid eating unhealthy foods and follow a proper diet.
- Practicing specific and appropriate sports.
- Drink plenty of fluids to help lose weight and reduce swelling.
- Refrain from smoking and get an appropriate amount of sleep.
Duration of wearing the corset after the operation
In a question about the importance of wearing a corset after performing a belly liposuction surgery, Dr. Yasser Badi answers and says:
After performing the belly liposuction procedure, it is normal for some bruises and swelling to appear, so it is recommended to wear a corset to reduce the size of these bruises and reduce swelling. As for the duration of wearing the corset, there are two options, the first is to wear the corset for one to two months, and the second is to wear the corset for three to four weeks.
However, the corset is gradually dispensed with, as follows:
- It is recommended to wear the corset throughout the day after the operation for a period of three weeks to a month and to take it off when taking a shower only.
- After that, the corset is worn during the day only, and it is taken off during sleep for three weeks, according to what the doctor deems appropriate.
Complications of belly liposuction
Although belly liposuction operations are widespread in many parts of the world, this does not preclude the existence of some risks that the patient may be exposed to. Yasser Badi says that the patient may be exposed to the following cases:
- Bleeding during the procedure.
- Damage to nerves, blood vessels, or muscles.
- Retention and accumulation of fluids in the body.
- Feeling numb.
- The occurrence of swelling in the body.
- Loss of sensation in the skin at the site of surgery.
- Non-healing of the wound.
- Not getting the desired results.
- Blood clots inside the veins in the lungs or in the legs for example.
- Risks and damage to the kidneys and heart resulting from the use of lidocaine.
Conditions for undergoing liposuction
Many who want to lose weight do not know that several conditions must be checked before undergoing a belly liposuction procedure, and these conditions are:
- The person does not suffer from any chronic disease such as diabetes, pressure, or autoimmune diseases.
- The person should not belong to the category of smokers, and if he is one of them, he should quit smoking some time before the operation.
- The patient’s weight should not exceed 30% of the ideal weight.
- The patient should have flexible and healthy skin.
The purpose of belly liposuction
Dr. Yasser Badi mentioned that belly liposuction is a first-class cosmetic procedure, but there are several motives behind performing this procedure, namely:
- Pregnancy, causes the abdomen to expand and thus promotes the accumulation of fat.
- Cesarean section and the resulting accumulation of layers of fat around the wound to help it heal.
- Hormonal disorders are due to aging and the accumulation of fat in vulnerable areas of the body, including the abdominal area.
- Unhealthy eating habits lead to fat accumulation while burning fewer calories.
- Not exercising regularly, makes the chance of fat accumulation much easier in that area.
clinics and prices for these operations
The best place to perform belly liposuction is Dr. Yasser Badi Center, which is one of the best plastic surgeons in Egypt and the Middle East in the field of liposuction, body sculpting, and body contouring.
Dr. Yasser Badi’s center has also been equipped with the latest modern technologies used in plastic surgery. The center provides high-quality medical care through the highly qualified nursing staff.
Regarding the prices of these operations in Egypt, the prices of simple operations start from (12,500) pounds, while the prices of common operations range between (40,000, and 70,000) pounds, and complex or more difficult operations may cost up to (100,000) pounds.
Belly liposuction is a cosmetic procedure, but it is not, as some people think, a way to treat obesity or lose weight, but it is a way to help get rid of a specific amount of fat that traditional methods and methods did not succeed in getting rid of, and therefore it does not give the desired results without following a healthy and sound lifestyle.
Book now online to get offers and discounts
Plastic surgery & body contouring specialist
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
Alexandria University Master of Plastic Surgery
Egyptian Fellowship for Plastic Surgery