Breast surgery is one of the most common plastic surgeries in the recent period for women in the Arab world, as the presence of sagging breasts or sagging in this region is one of the most sensitive issues for all women.
The breast contains both sebaceous and milk glands and does not contain any muscle. When sagging occurs, it loses its old and erect appearance, and aging symptoms begin to appear on it. Therefore, the best solution at that time is to perform breast surgery.
What is breast surgery?
Breast surgery includes breast reduction, breast augmentation, breast reduction surgery, and nipple beautification as well, according to the patient’s condition and needs. Breast surgery is performed to reshape the shape of the breast and gain the appropriate size, as breast plastic surgery occupies an essential place in increasing the quality of life. And work to renew the patient’s self-confidence.
Reasons for performing breast augmentation
Several reasons lead to sagging breasts and the occurrence of some differences in the shape of the breast, whether in its length or size, which leads to the need for breast surgery among these reasons are the following:
- When breast augmentation and silicone implants are placed in the wrong way.
- In adolescence, breast enlargement occurs as a result of excessive weight gain.
- Some genetic factors.
- Unhealthy nutrition.
- Smoking and consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Breast augmentation using incorrect methods.
Who are the candidates for Breast surgery?
Of course, breast surgery is not suitable for all patients, as Dr. Yasser Badi confirms that this operation is suitable for those women who suffer from the following problems:
- Patients with breast problems start in their twenties.
- Patients with underdeveloped breasts.
- Patients who have lost one or both breasts due to tissue diseases.
- People who suffer from self-confidence problems due to the size or smallness of their breasts.
- Sagging breasts result from age.
- Women who just want to change the image of their breasts.
- Patients with breast asymmetry problems.
Dr. Yasser Badi’s advice before performing Breast surgery
- Dr. Yasser Badi explains the necessity of looking for a skilled doctor and an expert in breast plastic surgery, as this of course positively affects the results of the operation. He advises all patients who wish to perform breast surgery not to perform this operation during the period of growth of their bodies, and to wait until this period has passed the stage of their life.
- Weight gain or loss can affect the shape of the breast, so Dr. Yasser Badi advises people who are considering losing weight to lose weight first and then perform breast surgery so that weight gain and loss do not affect the implants or directly affect the appearance of the breast.
- Also, the patient’s physical characteristics and preferences must be considered when selecting the implant to be placed in the breast tissue as well as the appropriateness of the implants applied to the patient.
Breast surgery results
The result of breast surgery depends on the type of surgery itself, but in all cases, it is very normal after the end of the surgery to feel some pain for several days only, as this swelling continues for several weeks, but soon the recovery phase begins, which is not less than six months, as after the completion of this period soon improves the situation, but as for the pain and swelling, it fades after about a week of breast surgery.
Tips to follow after Breast surgery
After completing the breast surgery, Dr. Yasser Badi places gauze bandages with a supportive bra for the patient, and he recommends to all patients that the following instructions and advice should be followed, to achieve the best results:
- If a drainage device is installed, take care of it and empty the catheter tube according to the doctor’s instructions.
- Change the bandages daily.
- It is forbidden to return to driving until after a period of breast surgery and according to the instructions of the attending physician.
- The need to keep the breast area dry.
- It is forbidden to lift heavy loads after surgery for a period determined by the doctor following your case.
- Bathing should be done carefully and away from the wound and dressings.
Risks of breast augmentation
Dr. Yasser Badi confirms that breast surgery is like other surgeries, but of course, these risks are reduced when choosing the right place and the highly experienced doctor who chooses the appropriate technique for the patient and deals with a high degree of skill, which reduces any potential risks.
Book now online to get offers and discounts
Plastic surgery & body contouring specialist
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
Alexandria University Master of Plastic Surgery
Egyptian Fellowship for Plastic Surgery