In recent years, the idea of resorting to plastic surgeries has spread to improve the appearance of the body and reach an elegant and taut body, whether for men or women, and with the presence of many different names for multiple medical procedures, some may feel confused between these procedures and which of them will be suitable for them, and among these procedures are two Body contouring and liposuction, what is the difference between each of them?
What is body contouring?
It is a cosmetic procedure that aims to make the body more defined and attractive, and this process is not considered a way to get rid of local obesity, but it aims to give an aesthetic and attractive touch to the appearance of the body, and it may include body contouring liposuction from some areas of the body and re-injecting them again after filtering the fluids to reach To the desired appearance, the sculpture is divided into several types:
- three-dimensional sculpture.
- Four-dimensional sculpture.
- Cool sculpting.
- Ionic sculpture.
What is liposuction?
It is a reconstructive operation that is performed to treat the problem of local obesity, and it is done by removing fat cells stationed in some areas, but it is also not considered a radical solution for excessive aging, but rather it contributes to harmonizing the body and rebalancing the percentage of fat in the body.
Candidates for body contouring
The process is one of the operations that require the availability of some specifications for those who wish to perform it to ensure access to the desired results, and these specifications are as follows:
- To be interested in body contouring of those with a fixed weight.
- Do not smoke, as smoking is a major factor in the failure of the operation.
- Good health and the absence of any health contraindications that may hinder the operation.
Candidates for liposuction
The operation needs to fulfill some conditions in the patient, namely:
- Over the age of eighteen.
- Elastic skin and strong muscles.
- The weight should be about 30% of the ideal weight that the patient aspires to reach.
- Not smoking and drinking alcohol.
Features of the body contouring process
The process is one of the cosmetic operations that have achieved wide success and spread during the recent period because it contains many advantages, including:
- It is an alternative to the surgical methods used to get rid of fat, tighten sagging and treat cellulite.
- It gives wonderful and distinctive results and gives a more attractive appearance to the body without exposure to major risks such as those involved in surgeries.
- It does not take long during its procedure.
- You do not need a long recovery period compared to liposuction.
- It is very safe because it does not require major surgery like other operations that are used to get rid of fat.
Features of liposuction
The process achieves many advantages, most notably:
- Getting rid of body fat completely.
- Suitable for people with large fat deposits.
- Its results are fast.
- It can be performed with other associated operations to reduce weight.
Steps of the body contouring process
- The process begins with making a small incision in the area from which fat is to be removed, then inserting a tube that is connected to a suction device, in case the objective of the operation is to remove fat.
- Then the fat under the skin is withdrawn, and sometimes the fat is withdrawn and transferred to other areas where the person needs fat, such as the buttocks or the face.
- After the operation, the doctor advises wearing a rubber garment to help compress the skin to take the shape of the new tissue.
- The operation can be performed in conjunction with other operations such as gastric banding to reach the desired results.
Steps of the liposuction process
- In the beginning, the doctor makes rough lines for the area to be liposuction from, and then he photographs this area for comparison before and after the operation.
- After that, the area is numbed in preparation for making an incision in the skin.
- A small amount of saline solution is mixed with the local anesthetic and placed in the desired area, as this mixture works to avoid the suction of large amounts of blood and fluids during the operation.
- Through the incision, cannulas are inserted under the skin in the specified areas.
- The doctor then moves the cannulas gradually to break up the accumulated fat.
- The process is done through a suction device that removes fat and breaks it up outside the body.
Cost of body contouring
Body contouring prices start from $1,400 up to $9,200, but in general, many factors play a role in determining the cost of the operation, the most prominent of which are:
- The type of sculpture used, the technique, and the degree of its development.
- The country in which the operation will be performed.
- Fees paid to the doctor and clinic in which the operation will be performed.
- The area to be sculpted.
Cost of liposuction
This process is similar to sculpting in terms of cost, in terms of the factors affecting the determination of the price as a whole, but liposuction prices in Egypt often start from 20,000 pounds, which may increase or decrease according to the aforementioned factors in the body contouring process.
Best clinic for body contouring and liposuction
Dr. Yasser Badi’s clinics are considered a comprehensive medical edifice, in which all cosmetic medical services are provided with high quality, and the nursing staff is keen to rehabilitate the patient’s physical and psychological condition before performing the surgery.
Dr. Yasser Badi is the ideal choice that many resorts to when thinking about liposuction and body contouring.
He is one of the best plastic surgeons in Egypt and the Middle East, and he has performed many successful body liposuction surgeries, and he relies on the latest technologies in his operations at present, which made him a wide balance of successful experiences to become one of the most famous and most efficient plastic surgeons In Egypt and the Arab world.
Body liposuction experience with Dr. Yasser Badi
A young woman named Rana tells of her experience with Dr. Yasser says that she was suffering from local obesity, especially in the abdomen and back, which made her lose her self-confidence, and that she was ashamed to wear dresses because they highlighted the defects of that area, which prompted her to undergo abdominal liposuction at Dr.’s clinic. Yasser, and says that the results were clear in a way that satisfies her after only one month, as she got a flat stomach and a smooth back, and added that her commitment to proper nutrition was the reason for maintaining the results of the operation.
Body contouring experience with dr. Yasser Badi
The owner of the experience says that he underwent the operation two months ago in the chest and abdomen area, as he believed that he was suffering from gynecomastia and was always looking for a way to treat this problem until he went to Dr. Yasser, who explained to him the difference between gynecomastia and fat and assured him that the problem can be treated with body contouring, and he performed the operation using the Vaser technique, whose results he described as very satisfactory, as he got a completely flat chest and abdomen, and he did not need to hide them with layers of clothes.
Book now online to get offers and discounts
Plastic surgery & body contouring specialist
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
Alexandria University Master of Plastic Surgery
Egyptian Fellowship for Plastic Surgery