The results of the studies showed that the most common operations related to the nose are Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty operations, as the location of the nose in the middle of the face makes it attract attention, which prompts many who suffer from any deformity or defect in the appearance of the nose such as a bulging nose, or a drop in the front of the nose, or its large size, they resort to searching for Solutions to this problem, especially those far from a surgery.
About Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty
Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty is an alternative solution to treat some nasal problems for fear of the risks expected from surgeries and due to the high prices of these operations, they are not popular with patients or doctors.
Candidates for Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty
Dr. Yasir Badi says there are many cases in which Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty is possible, such as:
- Reducing the nose.
- Enlarge the nose.
- Raise the tip of the nose.
- Deformities of the nasal surface.
- Correction of the tilt of the nose.
- Highlighting the tip of the nose.
- Some cases of nasal obstruction.
Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty Methods
According to the statements of Dr. Yasser Badi, the doctor alone is the one who determines the possibility of performing surgery or not, and about how to correct the nose without surgery, he said that there are several methods through which the correction of the nose can be treated, but among those methods, there are four important methods, and they are:
First: rhinoplasty using threads
Dr. Yasser Badi says that the doctor can resort to this technique to treat the low edge of the nose, and this operation is done under the influence of local anesthesia, which enables the patient to practice his normal life immediately after the completion of the operation, and according to the case, the doctor decides to remove the sutures or keep them.
Invisible nylon threads are used and the process takes less than an hour. The doctor inserts the sutures into the cartilaginous tissue of the nose and pulls them up, and this process gives good results that last from five to seven years.
As for the pain after that operation, it is almost non-existent.
Second: Reducing the nose with fillers
This technique is used to treat two cases:
- Lower nose bridge.
- In the case of a high followed by a depression on the outer surface of the nose.
In the first case, the doctor fills in the existing depression in an attempt to restore the ideal appearance of the nose.
In the second case, the doctor injects the muscle responsible for raising the front of the nose with some special substances and injects the side nostrils to narrow the size of the nostrils.
And Dr. Yasser Badi adds that this technique does not work in the problem of the slanted nose.
The injection takes place in one session that takes several minutes, but its results do not last more than two or three years.
Third: laser rhinoplasty
Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty using laser is done in very narrow limits for two reasons, the first is the sensitivity of the nose, and the second is the inability of the laser to treat a large number of cases of deformation of the nose. Among the cases in which Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty is performed by laser:
- Adenoidectomy: The adenoids cause breathing problems, but the adenoids are likely to grow again after they are removed, so doctors prefer to remove them using normal methods.
- Laser is used in the treatment of increased activity of the sebaceous glands in the nose, so the activity of those glands is inhibited.
In these previous cases, the laser is an alternative to relying on the usual surgical tools to correct the nose.
Fourth: Reducing the nose using plasmage
This process is one of the non-surgical methods used to reduce the nose, and this process is done by using electrical energy through which thermal energy is generated, which in turn shrinks the cells of the nose, which helps to tighten the nose.
Dr. Yasser Badi said that this technique stimulates the production of elastin and collagen, which are very important in restoring the skin’s freshness and elasticity.
And this process is very simple and requires only a simple local anesthetic, and the results appear days after the operation.
Correction of the nose by devices
Among the methods of correcting the nose without surgery is the process of straightening the nose using some small plastic devices that work with the same mechanism as the orthodontic device, especially since the cartilage of the nose is flexible, which makes it adjustable.
And the nose straightening is placed temporarily or permanently according to the treating doctor’s report, as he is the only one who can determine the suitability of these devices and how to use them.
Dr. Yasser Badi confirms that there are many types of devices for straightening the nose, but if an inappropriate type is used, this may lead to consequences dire.
Reducing the nose with exercise
As in the case of rhinoplasty, exercise therapy is useful in treating minor deformities of the nose, and due to the flexibility of the nasal cartilage, it can be reshaped, and this method is very economical for Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty.
About the exercises for rhinoplasty, Dr. Yasser Badi says that these exercises can be practiced at home, including:
- Exercises to raise the nose: It is done by looking up and circularly opening the mouth while tightening the chest and making the head tilted back.
- Exercises to narrow the wide nostrils: This is done by closing the nose with the fingers while sucking air and holding the breath. This exercise takes twenty seconds and is repeated several times a day.
Advantages of Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty
In the context of his speech, Dr. Yasser Badi mentioned the advantages of Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty, including:
- The duration of these operations does not take long.
- The patient avoids the problems of general anesthesia because it is performed under local anesthesia.
- The patient is safe from the risk of bleeding, which often occurs with surgeries.
- There is no possibility of infection during the procedure.
- Surgical intervention in rhinoplasty causes swelling in the face and takes a long time to recover, which cannot be exposed to in Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty.
- The patient needs a short time to recover after the operation.
- Compared to rhinoplasty surgeries, Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty prices are simple and inexpensive.
Risks of Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty
There is no doubt that plastic surgery has many risks and side effects, and although nose correction without surgery seems safer than surgical operations, there are some risks that can be exposed when performing a correction without surgery, including:
- Some problems can occur in the blood vessels due to the large number of veins and capillaries in the nose.
- Possibility of abnormalities in the external skin of the nose.
- The appearance of the so-called granuloma.
- Because the nose is close to the eyes, some cases may lead to vision loss.
- Death and destruction of the internal tissues of the nose.
- High temperature.
- Injury to blurred vision.
- Increased redness of the skin and after allergic types (urticaria).
Best place for Nonsurgical Rhinoplasty in Egypt
Dr. Yasser Badi is one of the most important plastic surgeons in Egypt and the Middle East.
Dr. Yasser Badi has performed many plastic surgeries on the nose and face, in addition to other plastic surgeries such as body sculpting, liposuction, facial beautification, etc. He owns clinics that are among the best clinics specializing in providing integrated medical care with plastic surgeries.
Book now online to get offers and discounts
Plastic surgery & body contouring specialist
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
Alexandria University Master of Plastic Surgery
Egyptian Fellowship for Plastic Surgery