Recently the demand for breast enlargement surgeries has significantly increased among women since large, full breasts are more feminine. That’s why this question sometimes comes to your mind: Why do some women want to undergo Breast Reduction Surgery?
Actually, very enlarged breasts that are disproportionate to other parts of the body cause many health problems, especially if the large size is accompanied by sagging breasts, so the problem becomes more severe and embarrassing for the woman. Between the lines of this article, we present to you an overview of Breast Reduction Surgery and some successful models and experiences of this operation at Dr. Yasser Badi’s clinic.
Health problems caused by large breasts
Some people believe that Breast Reduction Surgery is an elective, unnecessary aesthetic procedure, but this is not always true, since large unproportionate breasts to other parts of the body are associated with many health problems some of which may be serious, such as:
- Constant pain in the back, neck, and shoulders.
- Constant headache.
- The inability to breathe well during sleep which may lead to insomnia and sleep disorders.
- Persistent or recurrent infections in the area below the breast.
- Feeling dissatisfied or embarrassed about your breast size, or when your breast appearance affects your self-esteem.
Medical ways for breast reduction
There are two ways to breast reduction which are:
Breast reduction through liposuction
This method is suitable for women suffering from large size resulting from fat accumulation in this area, have good skin elasticity, and do not suffer from severe sagging in this area.
Breast Reduction Surgery
This way is suitable for those who suffer from extremely large breasts. To achieve a normal size, some breast tissue, fat, as well as excess sagging skin must be removed.
How is Breast Reduction Surgery done?
Breast Reduction Surgery is often performed under general anesthesia, and it takes about 2-3 hours. Breast Reduction Surgery is performed for women who suffer from greatly enlarged and sagging breast size, and this surgery goes through the following steps:
- Firstly, the surgeon makes a surgical incision in the areola area, this area surrounding the nipple, in addition to a longitudinal incision in the lower part of the breast, below the nipple.
- Through these incisions, excess tissue and fat are removed, as well as the breast is tightened and excess skin is trimmed.
- Finally, the doctor lifts the nipple and adjusts its position, then closes these surgical incisions.
Breast reduction by liposuction steps
Breast reduction through liposuction is considered easier when compared to Breast Reduction Surgery, and this process is carried out in the following steps:
- Firstly, the doctor anesthetizes the area using local anesthesia, then the doctor makes a small hole in the skin not exceeding a few millimeters in diameter and usually performs within the natural skin folds so as not to be visible. Through this hole, a special VASER probe is passed, which sends ultrasonic vibrations that dissolve the fat and turn it into a liquid substance.
- In the next stage, the doctor begins to extract the dissolved fat from the body through special tubes.
- Finally the holes are closed with small stitches, bandaged, and covered.
Tips to be followed after Breast Reduction Surgery
There are a set of tips that must be followed after Breast Reduction Surgery to ensure full recovery and maintain the desired result, such as:
- You have to wear a compression bra to help support and firm the breasts.
- Have rest during the first days after the operation.
- Sleep only on the back during the recovery period using high pillows for more comfort.
- Taking your antibiotics on time as recommended is essential, to avoid any infection or inflammation.
- Eat healthy foods during the recovery period, and drink more fluids to keep your body hydrated to speed up the recovery process.
- Immediate referral to your doctor if you feel any abnormal symptoms, such as a high temperature, or intolerable pain.
My Experience with Breast Reduction Surgery
Mrs. Jamila, who came from the Emirates to undergo Breast Reduction Surgery in Egypt, due to her great confidence in Egyptian doctors’ skills, presents to you her experience with Breast Reduction Surgery.
Since her teenage years, Mrs. Jamila has suffered from enlarged breast size due to a hormonal disorder, and after the procedure was performed, this was her opinion: “I cannot describe my feeling and happiness now, and the extent of physical comfort that I feel. For many years, I have been feeling constant fatigue and pain that have accompanied me since adolescence because of my enlarged breasts, as well as my inability to sleep well. Now I got rid of all that pain that lasted for years In just two hours, I advise all women who suffer from this problem to initiate the operation, as it is easier than I imagined”.
Is breastfeeding affected by Breast Reduction Surgery?
Many women postpone the decision to undergo Breast Reduction Surgery due to the fear of negatively affecting breastfeeding, especially those who have not given birth before. However, there is no scientific basis for these fears, since Breast Reduction Surgery does not affect the mammary glands that are responsible for secreting milk during breastfeeding.
As we mentioned above, during Breast Reduction Surgery only excess fat or tissue is removed from the breast, so be sure, you will be able to breastfeed naturally after the operation, so do not worry.
You can obtain more information about Breast Reduction Surgery by immediately contacting Dr. Yasser Badi’s clinic, and your inquiries and questions will be answered immediately.
Book now online to get offers and discounts
Plastic surgery & body contouring specialist
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
Alexandria University Master of Plastic Surgery
Egyptian Fellowship for Plastic Surgery