The tummy tuck is one of the most important cosmetic operations that has spread recently, as it works to tighten the abdomen by reshaping and defining this area, despite the ease of this operation, it is necessary to choose a doctor with experience and high skill to perform the operation and to achieve the best possible results, Therefore, we will learn about the advantages of the tummy tuck, its results, the most important tips that must be followed, and a lot of useful information related to this process.
What is a tummy tuck?
The tummy tuck procedure is without surgery, through which all the sagging skin in the abdominal area is tightened and all the fat accumulated in the sides is broken up as well.
Dr. Yasir Badi confirms that the main goal of this operation is to strengthen the abdominal muscles, which leads to a harmonious position for the abdominal area.
Many women resort to this procedure, especially since they are more likely to have a sagging abdomen due to natural or cesarean delivery.
Features of tummy tuck
There are many medical advantages and benefits of the tummy tuck process, as Dr. Yasser Badi explains the most important of these benefits as follows:
- It is possible to perform this operation after dieting, as well as after sleeve gastrectomy.
- A safe and inexpensive process, compared to sagging skin tightening surgeries.
- The tummy tuck can be performed after the completion of pregnancy and childbirth.
- Through it, the abdomen area can be tightened, as well as all the sagging skin in the body.
- This process is used to get rid of sagging in the face and neck, as there are specialized devices for this.
- The patient does not need to conduct many sessions to reach the final results.
Reasons for performing a body lift without surgery
There are many reasons why people want to do a tummy tuck, the most prominent of which are the following:
- People whose nature forces them to sit for long periods, which leads to sagging of the abdominal area.
- Some harsh diets and diets, which in turn lead to rapid weight loss, causing the appearance of many sagging.
- After a sleeve gastrectomy or bypass surgery and losing a lot of excess weight, which leads to a sagging abdomen.
- In the case of some sagging and cellulite in the abdomen as well as in different parts of the body.
- Irregularity in the practice of any of the sports activities.
- Sagging resulting from repeated pregnancy or after liposuction.
Contraindications for the tummy tuck procedure
The tummy tuck operation is not suitable for all patients, as Dr. Yasser Badi warns patients against having this operation in the following cases:
- Undergoing any abdominal surgery that led to large scar tissue.
- In the case of people who smoke or take narcotics and alcohol.
- Planning for a future pregnancy.
- The presence of some acute chronic diseases such as diabetes or heart disease.
Tummy tuck operation after childbirth
Although many plastic surgeons perform a tummy tuck procedure after childbirth, Dr. Yasser Badi does not recommend performing this procedure immediately after the completion of childbirth, whether natural or cesarean section, for not less than six months after childbirth, and this is due to several reasons The doctor explains it as follows:
- Difficulty healing wounds after the operation because both the uterus and the abdominal region are not stable.
- Some surgical interventions, such as liposuction, are inconsistent with cesarean delivery.
- Both the body and the skin after childbirth are more susceptible to both infections and bruises.
- Unstable stitches due to the spacing of the muscles, which leads to a lack of proper tightening of the abdominal area.
- The occurrence of a lot of changes in the abdominal area during pregnancy, such as an increase in fat and also the expansion of the skin.
- Not tolerating the body immediately after birth for any major operation such as tummy tuck.
- The tummy tuck operation needs three weeks to recover from the operation, and during this period the infant needs care from the mother.
All of the aforementioned reasons why Dr. Yasser Badi does not recommend a tummy tuck after a cesarean delivery, are to obtain the best results and leave an opportunity for the mother to regain her health from childbirth.
How is a tummy tuck done?
The tummy tuck is one of the plastic surgeries that need to undergo general anesthesia, in most cases, and it takes about one to five hours in the operating room and includes the following:
- The doctor sterilizes the entire abdomen and then makes a horizontal incision close to the pubic hairline, as that incision penetrates all layers of the skin and below to reach the muscles.
- The doctor examines the underlying tissue for the skin and adipose tissue.
- The accumulated and excess fat is suctioned, as well as the irritating tissues are removed, and then the loose and sagging skin is cut.
- In the case of making a complete incision in the abdomen, the navel will be repositioned at that time.
- After completing all the previous steps, the doctor closes the wound, then sutures all of the skin and tissues appropriately and homogeneously, and then puts bandages.
- Dr. Yasser Badi uses small drainage tubes that prevent fluid and blood from accumulating inside the wound.
The results of the tummy tuck operation
After the tummy tuck procedure, the patient can leave the hospital immediately, but this must be done after recovering from anesthesia so that Dr. Yasser can check on the patient before leaving the hospital, and avoid clots in the large lower veins in the legs.
It should be noted that the recovery period from the tummy tuck operation may be up to 6 weeks, to eliminate the swelling associated with this operation and heal the resulting wound.
Success rates for tummy tuck
Tummy tuck surgery is one of the most successful plastic surgeries, especially with taking all the necessary precautions for that, conducting all the analyzes and examinations required by the attending physician, and studying the health status. All these factors make the success rate of the tummy tuck operation high.
Dr. Yasser Badi’s advice after the tummy tuck operation
For the general health of the patient and to obtain the best-desired results after the tummy tuck operation, Dr. Yasser Badi directs a set of important tips that lead to a fit and harmonious body, and the most important of these tips are:
- You must return to normal life gradually through exercise.
- Taking care of the wound resulting from the operation by using moisturizers as well as antibiotics that avoid inflammation, infection, or stiffness.
- Healthy and appropriate diets must be followed.
- Staying away from doing any strenuous effort, as well as avoiding hard and strenuous exercise.
- Adhere to all doctor’s instructions.
- Choose a suitable type of abdominal corset and wear it for not less than two months.
- Practicing some appropriate sports exercises as determined by the attending physician.
Book now online to get offers and discounts
Plastic surgery & body contouring specialist
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
Alexandria University Master of Plastic Surgery
Egyptian Fellowship for Plastic Surgery