Many see that the high deviated septum surgery cost is one of the most important reasons that hinder them from operating, and getting rid of the disturbing nightmare of nasal deviation, as nasal deviation causes many health problems, some of which may be serious and require immediate surgical intervention, in addition to aesthetic problems that It affects the general appearance, so we present to you in the following lines an overview of the deviated septum surgery cost, and how can deviated septum surgery cost be low or at least appropriate? Here are some steps and tips in the following article.
What does a deviated nose mean?
Before we start talking about deviated septum surgery cost, we give you a simplified definition of nasal deviation:
Nasal deviation: It is a deformation in the cartilaginous and bony separating the nostrils, and results in crookedness or inclination to one side of the nose, which causes narrowing or obstruction of one of the nostrils, and also affects the external and aesthetic shape of the nose, so the nose appears crooked and not straight as in the figure. natural.
Why does a deviated nose occur?
Several factors lead to a deviated nose, the most prominent of which are:
- A congenital defect in the nasal septum from birth, and it begins to appear with the age of the child.
- Age also plays a major role in the appearance of a deviated nose sometimes.
- Exposure to trauma or fracture in the nose area. Accidents of all kinds are the most common cause of nasal deviation.
Is the deviation of the nose a dangerous disease?
Unfortunately, sometimes the deviation of the nose is dangerous and requires immediate medical intervention, such as causing bleeding or difficulty breathing, and the damages and risks of the deviation of the nose include the following:
- Continuous headache: This occurs due to the continuous inflammation of the sinuses in people with a deviated nasal septum.
- Sleep disorders: The person with a deviated nose feels unable to sleep deeply and comfortably due to difficulty in breathing, and loud snoring resulting from rhinitis.
- Dryness of the throat and mouth: Many people with a deviated nose depend on breathing from the mouth instead of the nose, which leads to severe and disturbing dryness in the areas of the nose and throat.
- Bleeding: It occurs due to irritation and swelling of the capillaries in the narrower side of the nostrils.
How is the operation of the deviation of the nose?
The process of adjusting the nasal septum is done under the influence of local anesthesia in most cases, but full anesthesia may be used if the case requires it, and the process goes through the following steps:
- The doctor makes an external surgical incision over the nasal septum.
- The medicine removes the tissues that obstruct access to the bones and cartilage of the nasal septum.
- After reaching the septum, the doctor begins to correct its location and return it to the appropriate place, then restores the mucous tissues surrounding it, which were spared at the beginning of the operation.
- Finally, the doctor bandages the surgical incision through some simple stitches.
How to prepare for the operation to correct the deviation of the nose?
Many instructions must be adhered to during the pre-operative period, to ensure that no risks occur during the procedure, for example:
- Inform your doctor of any chronic or non-chronic diseases you suffer from.
- Any medications you are taking must tell your doctor about this.
- Stop smoking at least a month before the operation, to reduce pressure on the nose area and not expose it to any inflammation.
What is the duration of the operation of the deviation of the nose?
The process of correcting the deviated nasal septum is done in a very short period, as the duration of the operation does not exceed more than 30 minutes, and after completing the operation, the patient can leave the hospital on the same day, but sometimes it is preferable to stay in the hospital for at least one day to ensure the safety of the condition, and that there are no serious complications.
The recovery period after the operation
Recovery from the operation takes place in a period ranging from two to three weeks, and some people recover faster than others according to their health and physical condition, as well as according to their commitment to important tips and instructions during this period, such as:
- Preserving the nose from collision or exposure to any accident.
- Avoid strenuous and violent activities in general.
- Ensure that the nose remains in an elevated position, especially during sleep.
- Stay away from pungent odors in all their forms, such as chemical or herbal scents.
- Beware of exposing the nose to high heat.
- You should also be careful not to press the nose in any way, whether by sneezing or sniffing forcefully.
- Take care to take the medicines prescribed by the doctor on time.
- And of course, smoking is not allowed during this period.
Is the cost of nasal deviation surgery too high?
Of course, the deviated septum surgery cost is what concerns the people who are about to undergo the operation, and the nasal deviation operation is not considered one of the operations with a high cost, and through some of the following tips you can perform the operation at the lowest cost as follows:
- Stay away from countries where the cost of medical services, in general, is high, such as the UAE, Saudi Arabia, and the Arab Gulf states.
- Choose one of the countries where the cost is lower, such as Egypt, Lebanon, or Turkey.
- There is no need to reserve any entertainment services provided by the hospital or clinic during the operation because it leads to an increase in the cost in general.
- Stay away from misleading ads, which offer a very low cost that is not commensurate with the process, as most likely you will not get the result you want.
Deviated septum surgery cost in Egypt
We inform you here about the deviated septum surgery cost in Egypt in particular, because it is considered the lowest country in terms of cost, as the deviated septum surgery cost in Egypt ranges between 1000 to 1500 dollars, and it is considered lowest compared to other countries, as the cost is in most countries 3000 dollars or more sometimes, and in addition to the low deviated septum surgery cost in Egypt, there are many other advantages that you can have if the operation is performed in Egypt:
- Egypt has the most skilled plastic surgeons in the Arab world, which means ensuring a good result.
- Egypt is the first tourist country in the Arab world, and you will be able to enjoy yourself a lot through your medical trip.
Are there other non-surgical techniques to treat a deviated nose?
Yes, many non-surgical techniques treat nasal deviation very effectively, and the most prominent of these techniques is the laser technique, as well as filler injections that fill the cavity or the void on one side of the nose so that the shape becomes consistent and straight, and this technique is used within a period not exceeding the 20 minutes, and it requires only mild local anesthesia, and the patient leaves the clinic immediately after completing this medical procedure, and for other innovative methods, the technique of straightening the nose through a plastic clip is the most recent, and it is also possible to beautify the nose by correcting the deviation of the nasal septum through the binoculars.
Finally, I introduced you to Dr. Yasser Badi provides all the important information that you would like to know about the deviation of the nasal septum, as well as the deviated septum surgery cost, and if you have more questions and inquiries, you can contact our medical team that works at your service around the clock to answer your questions.
Book now online to get offers and discounts
Plastic surgery & body contouring specialist
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
Alexandria University Master of Plastic Surgery
Egyptian Fellowship for Plastic Surgery