Breast reduction and breast lift due to the advanced techniques provided by cosmetic medicine and the highly experienced and skilled surgeons have gained great popularity among the public recently, not only breasts but also various aesthetic body problems that worsen with age or as a result of any other factor could be easily and safely performed even in the outpatient settings. Both breast reduction and breast tightening share the same aim, however, they are two different synonyms.
Breasts account for a large proportion of the female body’s external beauty and that’s why breast plastic surgeries acquired great demand among women seeking attractive, feminine, and youthful looks.
The concept of Breast reduction
Plastic surgeon, Dr. Yasser Badi, provided a brief overview of the surgical reduction of breast size and emphasized that this cosmetic procedure mainly targets large breasts, especially those accompanied by many problems such as health problems, aesthetic problems, and psychological problems such as excessive sagging or feeling unbearable pain in the neck, shortness of breath, or the inability to find suitable bras or clothes.
Dr. Yasser Badi stressed that this procedure is classified as the most common and popular plastic surgery within women’s society.
What is the difference between tightening your breast and Breast reduction?
Dr. Yasser Badi introduced several clear differences that distinguish the cosmetic intervention to tighten the breast from the cosmetic intervention to reduce the size of the breast, as the following:
During the surgical reduction of the breast size, a large number of mammary glands are removed, while this amount is reduced during the lifting breast operation.
Breast tightening surgery depends on removing the excess skin, stretching the rest, and finally changing the areola position to get rid of sagging breasts without needing to remove any part of the breast tissue. While to get breasts smaller, fat accumulated under the layers of the skin is removed along with a small part of the breast tissue, and then the excess skin is tightened to obtain the required degree of reduction.
When should breast lift surgery be performed?
Dr. Yasser Badi clarified the conditions that require a breast lift, and these cases are:
- Sagging breasts resulting from pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Sagging breasts result from the muscles due to age.
- Massive and/ or rapid weight loss.
- Sleeve gastrectomy or gastric bypass surgery which results in loss of strength and rigidity of the mammary glands, and thus sagging of the breast.
- The enlarged breast which results in muscle weakness and thus sagging over time.
- Breast enlargement or sagging breasts due to genetic factors.
Breast lift operation possible hazard
Dr. Yasser Badi reassured all patients who need to perform breast lift operations and confirmed that this procedure is 100% safe, and is performed under local anesthesia within half an hour, and the patient returns home on the same day if everything goes well.
In addition, Dr. Yasser Badi emphasized the safety of the operation regarding the mammary glands and lactation, as well as it was proved that this surgery is not associated with breast tumors, activation of hormonal cells, or permanent loss of sensation in the breast.
Important instructions for a healthy lifestyle after a breast lift or breast reduction procedure
Dr. Yasser Badi provided several important advice and instructions for a quick recovery after plastic breast procedures, and these tips are:
- Administer the painkillers doses as prescribed by your doctor.
- Do not lie in a prone position, bend forward, or carry heavy objects.
- Do not worry and be calm regarding swelling and redness of the breast, as this procedure is a natural reaction of the skin, which completely disappears within days after the operation.
- Wear a medical compression garment to avoid body fluids accumulation.
- Avoid strenuous physical effort.
- Not going to work during the recovery period.
- Move in your place every 120 minutes.
Factors for breast lift and breast reduction surgeries Success
Dr. Yasser Badi, the best plastic surgeon, presented the secrets of successful breast plastic operations, and those secrets lie in the following points:
- Choosing a certified plastic surgeon with a high level of experience, precision, caution, and skills to perform these types of surgeries.
- Choosing an accredited treatment center at the highest level of hygiene, sterilization, patient service, and certification to practice the profession.
- Follow the advice and instructions of the attending physician exactly until a full recovery is achieved and communicate with the plastic surgeon in the event of complications.
- Conducting comprehensive medical examinations on all body functions to ensure the body’s ability to undergo the operation.
Non-surgical breast reduction alternatives
Ultrasound technology is a non-surgical mechanism for breast reduction, Dr. Yasser Badi explains that this technique is performed through the following steps:
- Sanitize the breasts.
- Use local anesthesia to avoid the patient’s feeling of pain.
- Ultrasound is used to dissolve excess fat in the breast.
- Fat is melted and suctioned outside the body.
- Make a surgical incision (T-cut, which is from the nipple to the breast fold on both sides of the breast – or an I-cut that reaches from the nipple to the breast fold – an L-shaped cut that reaches from the nipple to the breast fold in one direction only).
- Part of the mammary glands are removed.
- Removing the excess skin and Tightening the rest.
My experience with breast reduction surgery
Lama recounted her experience with Breast reduction and evaluated the operation on a famous poll site, commenting on the evaluation, saying, “I was suffering from an enlarged breast to an extent that caused back pain that lasted for many years, and although there are those who prefer large breasts and seek a full chest, It was a burden for me, that I did not find clothes that fit me, and I felt that I needed to reshape the shape of my body from the outside, and at that time I resorted to a cosmetic expert, who told me that I only needed a breast reduction procedure, then a breast tightening procedure as an accompanying process, and indeed I went through the experience and I had a great deal of frustrated until I noticed the difference myself.
Book now online to get offers and discounts
Plastic surgery & body contouring specialist
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery
Alexandria University Master of Plastic Surgery
Egyptian Fellowship for Plastic Surgery